Monday, August 16, 2010

Diary of a Runner

Saturday I ran 14 miles, my longest run yet.  Here are the highlights:
  • Running at 6:40 am you tend to see lots of creepers so I tried to stay alert.
  • It drizzled for most of the run (not sure what's up with the weather when I run long distances).
  • Miles 13 and 14 were the roughest, I had to keep telling myself I could finish.
  • I ran out of water miles 13 and 14...
  • I was surprisingly not as sore as I thought I would be the next day. 
Every long run gives me anxiety since it's distances I have yet to ever run.  While I am happy with where I am, I realize I still have a long way to go before race day and that scares me.  I also need to think about changing my diet, it wouldn't hurt for me to be a little healthier.

1 comment:

  1. I get anxious over long runs, too! I usually try to talk myself out of them, but I do them anyway.

    ReplyDelete