I've moved my blog!
My new home is City Girl Tumblr ! Come follow me there on all of my adventures!
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
|My sad toe|
This morning as I was getting dressed I inadvertently said goodbye to my darling toenail on my right foot. It was quick, and apparently had been coming for some time. As you can see there's been some blood, and I had planned on going from a run this week but I am little nervous about it so I think I am going to hold off. I think also means it's time for some new running shoes.....
Friday, January 14, 2011
I am super excited for the long weekend! RSlo is going away camping tomorrow morning and I am thrilled to be spending time with my girls! There will be kayaking, picnic lunches, wine tasting, and some culinary adventures throughout the weekend. I will be tackling Korean BBQ for Saturday night dinner, and I will be channeling the great Julia Child and making a Roast Chicken for Sunday dinner. I plan on taking lots of pictures and share how everything turns out!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
2010 was a really exciting year in which I felt I wasn't afraid to take risks and push myself to do things that made scared me. I traveled across the country seeing friends and family on a summer roadtrip, joined a fabulous bookclub where I got to meet some amazing women and enjoy reading wonderful books, studied for and took the dreaded LSAT, and trained and ran my first marathon! This has been a good year filled with highs and lows but I am happy to start a new year that I have no doubt will be filled with more adventures, challenges, and opportunities for me to learn and grow! Here are some of my resolutions for 2011:
- Read more books and watch less tv! I watch entirely too much crappy tv so I have found that I am reading more with my Kindle anyway so now it's time to cut back on my television usage.
- FIND A JOB! I decided that I don't want to go to law school and that I actually love the field that I work in, so this spring will be spent looking for a new job.
- Enjoy my time in California! With looking for a new job, the reality that I will be leaving California in June is setting in more and more, so I want to enjoy my time in the state and visit lots of my friends that live all across the state.
- Cook more! 2010 found me discovering a passion for cooking and baking and so I want to do more of it! I want to tackle more challenging recipes and just have fun in the kitchen.
- Shop less! I need to save money, that's all.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! HERE'S TO A GREAT 2011!