Friday, February 19, 2010

Time for a run

In a month I am running another half marathon! Because I've already done one, I am not as nervous as my first one and I am doing a lot better training for this one. I have some friends that like to run that I get to go on runs with, which helps keep me motivated. I hope to average about a 9 minute mile throughout the race which will heavily improve the time in which I finish this race in comparison to my first race. People always ask me if I would ever want to do a full marathon and while I think I could work up to it, I don't think it's something for me. Running is brutal on your body, which I am learning personally as my ankle gets sore and stiff every time I run, and I don't know that it's something I absolutely love doing the way some of my friends do. When I start a run, I am thinking about when it'll be over. I am proud of myself when I've completed it but the heavy breathing, sweating, and sometimes seeing stars because I am so winded is not the most fun. For me it's a great way to keep in shape and get outside. Maybe one day I'll get the full marathon bug, but for now I am just going to relish in the fact that I two working legs that allow me to do 13.1 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment