Monday, October 11, 2010

It's Almost Here!!

In six days I will be running my first full marathon.  It's finally here!! 5 months of training all pays off.  My goal is to run my race in under 4 hours and 30 minutes and I feel ready that I can accomplish it. I am so excited for this race which is something I have never felt before in any of the half marathons I have done.

This final week of training has me running no more than 3 miles in each run and I will even get to do the elliptical machine at the gym which is my very favorite.  I got up to 20 miles a couple of weeks ago and although it was a bit of a rough run (we were experiencing a heat wave here in CA, and so it was not fun running in the hot weather) I made it through and I feel strong and prepared for the race.  I head up to the Bay area on Friday-I'm staying with a friend on Friday night and then up to SF on Saturday to check into my hotel, roam around the city, and check in for the race.  A good friend of mine will be running the last 6 miles with me as I anticipate those will be the hardest of the race and RSlo and a couple of my friends will be traveling around the city and seeing me at different mile points.  I really can't believe I am doing this! I will be sure to blog about the experience post race.  

I am also excited for this little lovely box I will get at the end of the race. 

1 comment:

  1. Have a great race - I know you will persevere and hit your target goal. You've been training so hard and deserve that sweet little blue box at the end of the day :)

    ReplyDelete