Thursday, April 22, 2010

Eating my words...

Remember that post I wrote about running and how I didn't  think I would ever run a full marathon- if you don't you can read it here.  Well it seems that I've gotten the marathon bug because I was chosen out of thousands of women that sign up to run the Nike Women's marathon in October in San Francisco.  They get so many interested participants that they do a lottery every year, and it just so happens that my number was drawn. I think one of the reasons I signed up is that I didn't think that I would be chosen- (smooth move Alana!).   I am excited, nervous, and freaked out!  The cool part is that every finisher gets a Tiffany's necklace- which is probably the best finishers gift (most races give you a t-shirt, my last one gave a wine glass) I have heard of.

I will probably definitely devote a lot of time blogging about my training experience- I'll start right after I finish the LSAT in June.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. for a tiffany's necklace i think i'd do that marathon. Let me go start stretching and training

    Good luck though i know you'll do well. Find plenty of great pasta recipes too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! And I was told it's waiting for you at the finish line in the hands of a hot firefighter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Congrats.

    I'm proud of you! You've come so far from "helllllllllllll no! You know I don't sweat!"

    Good luck with the LSATs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fire fighter? Yeah im gonna need to start training asap

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know what else is waiting for you at the end of the race? me, except i'll be in your closet, not at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete